Welcome to the Canterbury Wellbeing Index
Here you can find a wide range of information about the wellbeing of the greater Christchurch population and how this has changed over time.
The Index is organised into three main sections:
- Our Wellbeing - describing the wellbeing of the greater Christchurch population across 50+ indicators.
- He Tohu Ora - focusing on Māori conceptualisations of wellbeing across 19 indicators.
- Our Population - describing the population of greater Christchurch across ten indicators.
We hope the information will be valuable to the wide range of agencies, communities and individuals who are working to support the wellbeing of the people of greater Christchurch.
- New climate change preparedness indicator
Data from new question in 2020 Canterbury Wellbeing Survey added to Environment.
- Environment indicators updated
Latest data added to all indicators.
- Safety indicators updated
Latest data added to victimisation indicators. Child-related indicators retired.
- Hazardous drinking indicator updated
Ethnicity, age and deprivation breakdowns added along with the latest Ministry of Health data.
- Health indicators updated
Latest data added to 6 indicators including smoking and vaping, obesity and unmet need.